How To Get Motivated To Lose Weight
Want to know How To Get Motivated To Lose Weight? Then you need to read this blog to the end. Losing weight requires time and patience because there aren’t any shortcuts. If you need to lose a few pounds, it will take a minimum of several weeks. Significant weight loss goals can require several months or even years.
Keeping your motivation high will make it easier to weather those tough days when your weight loss goal seems out of reach.
8 Tips to Enhance Motivation in Weight Loss
Use these tips to maintain your motivation and shed those pounds:
1. Place your favourite inspirational quotes on your mirror or refrigerator. A quick pick-me-up can save the day when your motivation is waning. It can also be an effective way to start your day. Tape a few quotes to the bathroom mirror. Doing the same on the refrigerator door can prevent a dietary lapse.
2. Keep track of your progress. Keeping track of your progress is motivating and smart. How will you know if your diet and exercise plan are effective if you’re not taking regular measurements? There are many ways to track your progress. Find and use the one that motivates you the most.
3. Use weight-loss jars as a visual reminder. Keeping written records of your weight loss is an effective exercise, but sometimes it’s difficult to appreciate a 2-pound loss in the mirror. Fill a glass jar with decorative stones or marbles. Each one is equivalent to 1a pound you wish to lose. As you lose weight, move your marker from the full jar to an empty one. It’s exciting to watch the contents of one jar shrink as the other increases.
4. Hire a personal trainer. Getting to the gym regularly isn’t easy. Most of us are skilful at coming up with reasons why it makes sense to stay home. Knowing that your personal trainer is expecting you at the gym greatly increases your incentive to show up. A good personal trainer will also track your progress and hold you accountable.
5. Find a workout or weight loss friend. Losing weight can be a lonely process. Considering the obesity rates in first-world countries, there are plenty of others in the same situation. Find a buddy with whom you can communicate on a regular basis. Ideally, you can also find someone to join you for workouts.
6. Purchase new work out gear or equipment. Some new workout clothes and shoes can inspire activity. If your workouts are lagging, a new outfit might be just the motivation you need. Or invest in a set of our resistance bands, resistance training the best way to lose weight.
7. List your reasons for losing weight. After a few weeks of dieting, it’s typical to lose track of your original motivation. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. No reason is too small or petty, as long as it’s true. Do you want to look better? Enhance your health? Fit into your old jeans? Write it down and review your list regularly.
8. Provide small rewards along the way. It could be a bad idea to wait until you’ve reached your final goal to reward yourself. Begin with small goals to get yourself started. Dieting becomes tougher after a while, so give yourself larger rewards as you progress.
Keeping your motivation high is an important part of reaching any weight-loss goal. Losing weight is a slow process and progress can be difficult to see at times. Motivation is personal. What works for others might require a little tweaking to be effective for you.
Stay focused on all the great progress you’re making and continue looking forward. A small amount of attention and motivation each day can keep your spirits and expectations high.
Comment below and tell me what your weight loss goal is? I would love to know and I'll comment back with some tips just for you.